Taken from a painting of Kapiti Island at Sunset.
by Sonia Savage.

Monday, August 6, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It is Monday and again I am joining in the meme over at Mentor Texts.
Hop on over and join in over at the Mentor Text Blog. Just click on the picture 






This past week I read Kira Kira by Cynthia Kadohata, 2005 Newbery Award Winner.  It was a great insight into what it might be like for an immigrant family in a new country. It was about family, hardship, courage and loss. 












I also read Sidekicks by Dan Santat - graphic novel.  This was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it, I know it will be popular in my class. I thought it incorporated some great values around loyalty, forgiveness and friendship.










This coming week it is going to be A Wrinkle in Time and I would like to read one of the Goddess Girls to sample them - probably Artemis the Loyal.

6 comments:

  1. I found A Wrinkle in Time quite dark and chilling, and some of those scenes just will not leave my head! I'll take Narnia any day, for otherworldly adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sidekicks looks really cute. I hope our Librarian gets it because I'm sure it would be popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Kira, Kira & from what you said, guess I should take a look. I hope you like A Wrinkle In Time-it's one of my all-time favorites. Thanks, Kathryn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kira, Kira is a great book and I enjoyed Sidekicks also. A Wrinkle in Time is one of my favorite books...it sparked a life-long obsession with Madeleine L'Engle's books. I hope you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for Goddess Girls! I enjoyed the one that I read. Very fun, I was surprised. I thought the Sidekicks GN was fun, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kira, Kira looks interesting. I added it to my list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...