Taken from a painting of Kapiti Island at Sunset.
by Sonia Savage.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Assessing Writing.

What do I want to do to assess writing?

*  I want it to be simple and manageable.

* There will be the times of school formal assessment and we are using e-asttle for that.

*  Each conference will provide formative assessment, plus checking writer's notebooks will add to it.

*  As the year progresses I will endeavour to use this assessment material to guide some of my teaching.

*  Each time I start a new unit, if I have students write a before piece of writing, and check then on how they developed over the unit, with a  piece of writing that is similar.  Both these pieces of writing will be done without the aid of a teacher or peer, and have a time limit.

*  Have students reflect on finished pieces of writing, with three or four questions to guide them with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...