Taken from a painting of Kapiti Island at Sunset.
by Sonia Savage.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Reciprocal Reading


This term we were able to buy some of the Connector series by Jill Eggleton, published by Scholastic. They are an excellent resource and I believe they are good value in the classroom. While I have long understood and known the ways reciprocal reading can enhance a reading programme in the classroom, it is only with this series of books have I felt confident enough to try it out.


The two groups of six that I have been working with on it are doing very well. I spent a few sessions introducing it to them and then let them organise it themselves with the guidance of the books. Jill has thought this out so well, and it works. I am not exhausting as yet all her suggestions but I do intend to work with more of her ideas next term.


The books themselves are very engaging. The students thoroughly enjoy reading and discussing them. Any interested reader can read more about them and watch her video which explains it so well.http://www.scholastic.com.au/schools/education/connectors/reciprocal.asp


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...